My Blog List


"Police roasted for asking public's help to find man who found $30 on the ground"

https://nypost.com/2026/08/29/us-news/police-roasted-for-asking-publics-help-to-find-man-who-found-30-on-the-ground/ 


 ultimate way to handle it would be to give the store a note saying I found something valuable with a general description and if anybody claims it they can call me and I will give it back to them if they can describe it, ...

...but the store would probably try to insist on keeping it. ... Otherwise take it directly to the police station and leave it with them a with a claim to keep it if nobody claims it ...

 I'm just talking about in general, for $30 it's a lot of hassle to take it all the way to the police etc but if you find something more valuable that's probably the best way to do it.

The conundrum for me anytime I find something is that if I turn it into the clerk they might just pocket it themselves, or if it doesn't get claimed, then somebody at the store pockets it eventually, or  if it's cash it goes into the store's drawer . And I'm left asking why should they get to keep it and not me ? 

"Police roasted for asking public's help to find man who found $30 on the ground"

https://nypost.com/2026/08/29/us-news/police-roasted-for-asking-publics-help-to-find-man-who-found-30-on-the-ground/    ...